Who we are
Through grassroots advocacy efforts, we support the quality of programs and the development of professionals in the fields of early care and education and out-of-school time. We are youth and early childhood service providers that help to shape the advocacy efforts of MnAEYC-MnSACA.
What we do
We meet once a month to:
- Discuss the public policy agenda and legislative advocacy plans
- Brainstorm and implement advocacy activities.
- Communicate with elected officials about the needs of and the importance of investing in quality early care and education and out-of-school time programs.
- Engage everyone, including providers and parents, in public awareness and educational efforts
- Educate members on the legislative process and priorities
How you can help
- Read our public policy e-newsletters delivered to your inboxes every week. You’ll get up-to-date information and find out how you can help!
- Check out the MnAEYC-MnSACA Advocacy Toolkit. It contains some easy tools to help you communicate with elected officials.
- Join the Policy & Advocacy Advisory Group. We are currently accepting new members. Please read the attached position description for more information about the advisory group and its activities. Contact Sara Benzkofer if you are interested in joining or if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.